There’s no right age or best time to learn a new language. Mastering a new language opens your mind to new perspectives that you haven’t experienced before. Language apps make it possible for you to learn at your pace the language of your interest sitting at your desk. There are umpteen language choices, exciting activities, and assignments to help you master a new language. You just need the zeal to learn and install the new app on your mobile to begin your language-learning journey.
Most often, the difficulty level or the boring syllabus bogs us down, and we quit halfway. Still, these language apps offer several attractive language options and help to track your progress. Many apps also have lessons that range between beginner and fluent levels, using diverse delivery methods to suit your learning style. Read on to learn about a few popular language app choices for students and aspiring professionals.
Best Language Learning Apps
|App Name||Rating||Installs||App Url||Highlight|
|ELSA||4.4⭐||10M+||Playstore link||✅Students and professionals from 130+ countries use ELSA to learn English fast|
✅ Online AI English learning app
✅bring 3000+ lessons wrapping the everyday English conversation
|Duolingo: Learn English||4.6⭐||100M+||Playstore link||✅Learn Spoken English and 30 other languages|
✅ It’s free, for real.
✅Learn English, Chinese, Japanese, Korean and many more languages, free!
|Lingvist||4.1⭐||1M+||Playstore link||✅This is the best vocabulary app|
✅Get level placed for free
✅Quickly predicts your current level and identifies which words will be most useful for you to learn next.
|Lingomate||4.2⭐||1M+||Playstore link||✅Customized learning lessons for everyone🥳|
✅Global match to help you make global friends
✅Award-winning system to smooth the learning process🏆
|Mondly||4.4⭐||10M+||Playtore link||✅Learn Spanish, French, German, Italian, English and 28 more languages|
✅Loved by 60 million people worldwide
|4.8⭐||5M+||Playstore link||✅ Study progress tracking across multiple devices|
✅ Displays Chinese as pinyin or characters as you like
.✅A well-designed Pinyin
|Memrise||4.6⭐||10M+||Playstore link||✅60 million people and start learning a language with Memrise|
✅easiest way to learn a language
✅Most popular language apps
|Hello English||4.5⭐||10MK+||Playstore link||✅ 100% free interactive lessons|
✅learn English with chatbots
✅Win coins and know your global and city rank
|Babbel||4.4⭐||10M+||Playstore link||✅Millions of people learn languages with Babbel|
✅Learn Spanish OR 13 Other Language in 15 MIN/DAY
✅Take your language education to new levels
|4.2⭐||10M++||Playstore link||✅ free and fun speech based reading tutor app|
✅improve reading skills
✅ children can read a variety of fun and engaging stories in different languages
✅The in-app reading assistant helps children read out loud
|4.5⭐||10M+||Playstore link||✅Track your progress and statistics|
✅Download lessons to learn offline
✅Smarter and more efficient
Elsa English speaking app
- English Language Speech Assistant (ELSA) is an online English learning app that can help improve pronunciation using voice recognition tools.
- You will be confident and ready for competitive exams such as TOEFL, TOEIC, and IELTS exams.
- Get an in-depth understanding of your strengths and weaknesses around the language’s accent and pronunciation to become proficient in spoken English.
- The app is available in around 45 local languages, making the learning journey learner friendly and convenient.
- The app offers around 3000 sessions covering everyday English conversation and provides feedback through real-time speech recognition.
- The activities and games topic include grammar, listening and conversation, rhythm, intonation, and pronunciation, which will help you achieve language proficiency.
- You can also track your progress and improve your language skills to become one among the seven million app users to advance in your career and academics.
Language Learning Apps Free – Duolingo language app
- Language experts design the app, and hundreds of learners worldwide benefit from this multilingual app.
- Be it for your career advancement, education, or travel; you will turn confident to interact and start conversations easily in the new language.
- A few of the foreign languages that are offered are Spanish, Italian, German, English, French, Chinese, and more.
- The app is free yet effective in imparting language skills to over 300 million learners from across the world.
- You can compare, compete and stay motivated along with leaderboards that give you exposure to the global community.
- Duolingo’s course and activities are engaging, with game-like lessons that help you to enhance your speaking, listening, reading, and writing skills.
- The course is thoughtfully curated by language experts that are imparted using AI teaching methodology that facilitates quicker and more effective learning.
- Learners will also be engaged with rewards and recognitions to make everyday practice doable and exciting.
Lingvist language app
- The app helps to cultivate a healthy routine and notifies you when you exceed the daily average study time as a timely encouragement.
- There are separate exercise modules for listening, grammar, reading and speaking that will immensely improve your vocabulary.
- Use the app to upload text to the custom decks tool and convert it into a personal minicourse. You can also add or delete different sentence examples or words you do not need.
- The app uses spaced repetition algorithm that challenges you with conceptual problems as a re-emphasizing technique.
- The key benefits of the app’s language course include mastering specialised words, improved vocabulary for the new articles in the custom deck and broadening the course to include new semantic words and expressions.
- You can track and advance your language comprehension skills to the next level using the Lingvist app’s interesting learning aids.
- You can also create customised decks for specific subjects and words that you feel are relevant to your target and wish to master.
- The app helps you to learn real-life vocabulary and acquire language syntax and grammar faster.
- The app engages neural networks to accurately determine your existing vocabulary so that you can choose the right level that suits you.
- So, you can build your vocabulary easily and learn new words in real-life contexts that will boost your language’s understanding and communication.
Lingomate language exchange app
- The app is one of the world’s most popular language exchange learning platforms. You can hail from any part of the world or wish to learn any foreign language; Lingomate makes it possible to learn by finding the perfect language partner.
- Expand your network and make global connections using the app’s multi-language learning community, allowing you to socialise, learn, and have fun for free.
- Whether you are a travel freak or otherwise, converse and fraternise confidently anytime you travel to any part of the world. The app gives you the opportunity to communicate with the global community by granting you the required language skills.
- Learn with Lingomate to evolve as a better person interpersonally. The course and the activities built into the app aim to help you expand your horizon and connect with people worldwide by using trending and exciting learning methods.
- The app brings the global community to your fingertip, where you can meet native speakers to share tips and discuss countless topics with them.
- The Lingomate app acts as your personal language trainer and hosts a live teaching tool accredited by the expert tutors of HSK (Chinese language proficiency test). Therefore, it gives you the perfect platform to connect and learn from other global learning partners.
- The key benefits of the app are;
- The course is customised to suit your learning needs.
- The app recommends learning partners for you to understand the language better and learn faster.
- The App’s AI-based teaching methods and socialising features make the learning process smooth. You will be taught, given feedback, and encouraged to improve by elite tutors on Livestream.
- Take advantage of the one-on-one verbal practice sessions with native speakers to understand well the nuances of the language.
- The app provides a harmonious global community for you to study and advance in your learning journey collectively.
- The language courses are learner-friendly that are paced and structured to address the varied learning needs of learners from across the globe. The countless fascinating posts for your page act as a bonus in improving your comprehension.
- Within the confines of your desk, you can reach out, explore and learn the essence of a foreign language from native speakers.
- Your journey with the Lingomate app will help you grow as a confident multilinguist and converse, greet, visit places, order food, travel and express with a newfound poise.
Mondly language app
- Let your dream of learning a new language come true using the Mondly app, which offers an assortment of options like German, English, Portuguese, Danish, Chinese, Japanese, French, Italian, Arabic, Greek, and many more.
- The app was awarded by Facebook as the 2017 EMEA winner for the “App of the year” and is currently used by more than 60 million users from across the world. The app is internationally acclaimed by media giants like CNN, Business Insider, and Forbes.
- The app gives you free daily lessons that will help you discover, learn and memorise popular words. You will be quickly ready to understand, make sentences and phrases and converse well.
- The course follows a fun-centric learning approach that suits any learner who can be a student, traveller, professional, or housewife aiming for beginner, medium, or advanced fluency levels.
- Benefit from the app’s critical tools like the verb conjugator, semantic dictionary, and advanced speech recognition technology to customise the tutoring experience you can access from anywhere and at any time.
- Mondly is the first language app to launch AR & VR learning experience that features speech recognition and message-bot technology.
- The app, atypical to the usual language course, provides an interactive curriculum that covers grammar, words, and expressions using fun-teaching methods.
- The app sets an example as the future of language courses by giving you a sound language understanding and introducing commonly used words and phrases to help you form sentences and conversing in your voice.
- The language course is broken down into smaller lessons according to themes that help you concentrate on core phrases and words. You will be adept with popular nouns and verbs and their conjugations by practising conversations.
- The speech recognition and spaced repetition algorithms are vital tools in the app that make your language learning journey more effective.
- The other app benefits include tutoring with a clear voice-over, learning accurate pronunciation from native speakers, speaking and practising everyday phrases, and getting instant feedback,
- The app allows you to follow your progress, track the leaderboard, benefit from the adaptive learning facility of the app, and master over 5000 words and phrases.
Hello Chinese app
- HelloChinese is an exciting and engaging app to learn Chinese Mandarin as a beginner and grow to a conversation level.
- The app will help you to learn Pinyin, pronunciation, vocabulary, grammar, and character stroke order in an interactive way.
- The language course follows personalized game-based methods to suit your learning performances and get fluent quickly with the Chinese pronunciation tool (Pinyin)
- The speech recognition feature lets you practice and correct pronunciation, and the handwriting features ensure you learn Chinese characters faster.
- The methodical course is based on HSK levels supporting simplified and traditional Chinese characters. The course is fragmented into bite-size lessons to strengthen your Chinese listening, reading, writing, and speaking skills that have audio spoken by native speakers.
- Hello Chinese app takes into account different language aspects according to your learning levels that you can download and progress at your own pace.
- Each lesson is bite-sized and includes interesting activities, and assorted model questions, that do not cross more than 10 minutes.
- The app uses state-of-art Chinese handwriting technology to improve your writing. In addition, the app also provides an explanation of radicals and components for every character, which further enhances your learning ability.
Memrise language learning app
- The app provides short lessons with real-life phrases and prepares you to journey from learning to speaking fast.
- Used by more than 60 million learners, it is among the most popular language apps with a user-friendly interface and video clips.
- You get to learn the essence of the language from the native speakers, along with real-life video clips of shopkeepers, local streets, and people at work and bars, to clearly understand the usage of the commonly used words.
- The different language options offered are French, German, Italian, Spanish, Korean, Chinese, English, Dutch, Japanese, and many more.
- The language experts team and native speakers work in unison to build your lesson plan to help you advance faster in your language learning.
Hello English language app
- The app offers 75 ongoing interactive sessions on conversational English, grammar, vocabulary, and more. All lessons can be downloaded and used offline as well.
- The lessons are interlaced with interactive games to improve your reading, translation, pronunciation, grammar, and vocabulary, giving instant results and grammar tips.
- You can discuss and ask questions to the expert tutors and also view and learn from the latest audio, video and e-books.
- You can speak and practice daily using the games and activities in the app to improve your conversation skills. The chatbots can address your queries and help you to learn better.
- The dictionary holds over 10k words that you can listen to, learn, and practice in practical games to interact with learners from across the globe and win coins to secure a global rank.
Babbel language app
- The app provides interactive language lessons with advanced speech recognition tools, games, language podcasts & more that make real-life conversations look like a cakewalk for you.
- You can choose from 14 new languages like French, Spanish, Russian, German, Dutch, Portuguese, Polish, and more.
- More than 150 language experts curate the course with over 60,000+ lessons to boost the language skills that will help you to converse confidently and fluently.
- The app motivates you to build a reading habit and practice that has helped more than 90% of the app’s learners have to become proficient in the language within two months.
Read along reading app by Google
- It is a free reading app by Google that encourages children to have fun while learning to read, and that can also be used offline after the app is installed.
- Read Along is a kid-friendly reading pal that listens, assists, and rewards your young learner, giving them a great start to their reading journey. The ongoing guidance from the app when the children read aloud is the encouragement they need to develop a reading habit.
- The word games and exciting stories in more than nine languages keep the kids engaged and build their confidence.
- The kids can learn independently, at their own pace, and track their learning progress. Each profile is unique, and the app recommends stories and activities based on their reading level and comprehension.
- Parents can be free of worry since the app does not have ads or in-app purchases that might interrupt their reading. The app is secure and does not ask for or store the young learner’s personal information.
- Children can learn, have fun, and access stories in different languages such as English, Hindi, Telugu, Spanish, Portuguese and more.
Your dream of learning and mastering a new language comes true by using a language app. These apps are made to assist you with fun teaching aids and make your language-learning journey enjoyable.
Be it for your professional advancement, educational requirement or enhancing your personality, a new language adds to your aura. Choose the one that suits your learning pace and needs from the several options available in the market. The language apps offer a range of carefully curated sessions, fun activities, rewards, and recognitions to encourage you to speak and master the foreign language.
The enriching experience from the language apps is sure to scale up career growth and academic excellence. Furthermore, some apps open the doors to the global community of language learners for an elevated cultural and language experience.