To stand out from the competition to rank high on YouTube where Over 500 hours’ searched on YouTube worth of video content gets uploaded to YouTube every minute, the channel uploads must rank on relevant keywords for their queries. Analysis of trending searches on the platform with millions of daily video uploads renders insights into social and pop culture trends in youtube keyword research, which helps streamline marketing strategies by mastering changing viewers’ tastes. If you are interested in learning about how the youtube algorithm works, we have written a post describing its ranking factors. Below, we also talk about some of the tools that we have built around it.
Trending keywords on youtube
Let’s revisit our original question about what people are searching for on YouTube in 2023. Here’s the response, starting with the most popular search trends worldwide on YouTube.
Top 20 youtube searches Worldwide
|6||old town road||10460000|
|12||pewdiepie vs t series||8250000|
|13||peliculas completas en español||8220000|
Top 50 searches in India
|1||aaj tak live||3230000|
|2||tv9 live telugu||2050000|
|3||jabardasth latest episode||1520000|
|7||south indian movies dubbed in hindi full movie 2019 new||1190000|
|8||new song 2019||1010000|
|10||new south indian movies dubbed in hindi 2019 full||869000|
|12||tv9 kannada live||816000|
|13||kabir singh song||800000|
|15||abp news live||777000|
|16||new punjabi songs 2019||769000|
|22||india tv live||653000|
|23||sakshi tv live||649000|
|24||asianet news live||649000|
|28||bb ki vines||616000|
|30||hollywood movies in hindi dubbed full action hd||600000|
|32||movies 2019 full movies||593000|
|33||tik tok video||578000|
|35||v6 news live||538000|
|36||telugu movies 2019 full length movies||521000|
|38||new movies 2019||520000|
|40||abn live telugu||515000|
|41||taarak mehta ka ooltah chashmah||513000|
|46||polimer news live||492000|
|48||tom and jerry||485000|
Top 50 searches in United states
|5||old town road||2500000|
|7||pewdiepie vs t series||2180000|
|28||lofi hip hop||1120000|
|49||game of thrones||807000|
|51||5 minute craft||650000|
Most Searched on Youtube Today
Also, we have a page for top google searches.
YouTube Stats: The Numbers Behind the Most Popular Video Streaming Platform
YouTube is the world’s second-most popular website, with over 2.5 billion active users. Let’s see some statistics about YouTube. In 2022, YouTube generated $28.8 billion in ad revenue. The most popular categories on YouTube are Music, Entertainment, Gaming, Education, and News. The top 50 most searched terms on YouTube are a mix of popular music artists, YouTubers, gaming terms, and general interests.
|Total users||2.527 billion|
|Monthly active users (MAUs)||2.29 billion|
|Daily active users (DAUs)||1.22 billion|
|Average watch time per day||1 hour and 25 minutes|
|Video uploads per minute||500 hours|
|Most popular categories||Music, Entertainment, Gaming, Education, News|
|Ad revenue||$28.8 billion in 2022|
|Content creation||Over 2 billion active channels|
Top 5 countries by number of YouTube users
|#||Country||Number of Users|
|2||United States||246 million|
Top 5 age groups by number of YouTube users
|#||Age Group||Number of Users|
These stats show that YouTube is a truly global platform, with users from all over the world. It is also a very popular platform for young people, with the 18-24 age group making up the largest user group. YouTube is also a great source of educational content, with the Education category being one of the most popular.
Year-wise subscribers count
As you can see, YouTube’s subscriber count has grown exponentially over the years. In 2005, there were only 100,000 subscribers to YouTube. By 2010, there were 1 billion subscribers. And by 2022, there are over 7 billion subscribers.This growth is due to a number of factors, including the increasing popularity of online video, the rise of mobile devices, and YouTube’s ability to attract a wide range of users.
The Key Events that Shaped YouTube’s History
- YouTube was founded in February 2005 by Chad Hurley, Steve Chen, and Jawed Karim. The first video, “Me at the Zoo,” was uploaded to YouTube on April 23, 2005. YouTube’s beta site was launched in May 2005, and the platform became publicly accessible in December 2005.
- In November 2006, YouTube was acquired by Google for $1.65 billion. This acquisition helped to legitimise YouTube and gave it the resources to continue growing. In February 2008, YouTube surpassed 1 billion video views per day. This was a major milestone for the platform, and it showed that YouTube was becoming a global phenomenon.
- In 2007, YouTube launched its Partner Program, which allows creators to earn money from their videos. This program has helped to create a new class of YouTube stars, and it has made YouTube a more attractive platform for creators.
- In 2010, YouTube launched its mobile app, which allows users to watch videos on their smartphones and tablets. This app has been a huge success, and it has made YouTube accessible to a wider audience.
- In 2012, YouTube launched its live streaming feature, which allows users to broadcast live video to their channels. This feature has been used by a variety of people, including musicians, politicians, and journalists.
- In 2015, YouTube launched its subscription service, YouTube Red, which offers ad-free viewing and other exclusive features. This service has been met with mixed reviews, but it has helped to generate revenue for YouTube.
- In 2020, YouTube launched its Shorts feature, which is a short-form video platform that competes with TikTok. This feature has been successful in some markets, but it has not yet reached the same level of popularity as TikTok.
- YouTube has had a long and successful history. It has grown from a small startup to a global phenomenon, and it has helped to shape the way that we consume and share video content. The platform is still growing and evolving, and it will be interesting to see what the future holds for YouTube.
Here are some additional thoughts on the impact of these events:
- The acquisition by Google gave YouTube the resources it needed to grow and expand.
- The Partner Program has made it possible for creators to earn money from their videos, which has helped to attract more creators to the platform.
- The mobile app has made YouTube accessible to a wider audience, and it has helped to increase the amount of time that people spend watching YouTube videos.
- The live streaming feature has made it possible for people to watch live events from around the world, and it has helped to make YouTube a more dynamic platform.
- The subscription service, YouTube Red, has offered users a way to watch YouTube videos without ads, and it has helped to generate revenue for YouTube.
- The Shorts feature has made it possible for people to create and share short-form videos, and it has helped to make YouTube a more competitive platform.
These events have had a significant impact on YouTube’s growth and popularity. They have helped to make YouTube the popular platform that it is today, and they have also helped to shape the way that we consume and share video content.
NextGrowth Labs is an Digital Marketing Company. We build various tools. Interested in improving your app’s/website’s or video’s visibility? Contact us, and get a free audit. Just like the way you landed on this page, similarly, we can help plan content youtube comedy channels, which can help you get more visitors to your website, app or youtube channel.
Some of our more popular tools include (They are all free):
What people search on Youtube?
People search for variety of items in Youtube. Some of the most popular terms are BTS, Pewdiepie, etc. You can see the full list in the article
What is the most searched thing on Youtube?
The most searched thing on Youtube across the world was BTS. In USA, it was Pewdiepie. In India, it was aaj tak live. You can see the full list on the article.
How to find most searched keywords on Youtube
This article will help you find most searched keyword on Youtube.
What is most searched on Youtube in India
Aaj tak live is the most searched keyword on Youtube India.